Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Week One, Personal Challenge

During this first week, I've been learning the "A" named tangle patterns from Linda's List of Official Tangle Patterns (http://tanglepatterns.com/zentangles/list-of-official-tangle-patterns).  I have decided that I will devote two weeks to each letter of the alphabet.

The first week, I went through and created in my book a guide to each of the patterns.  Then, I used the patterns to create a picture that would best be categorized as Zentangle Inspired Art (ZIA), as it is definitely representational.  I did end up adding in an extra pattern that I called "Armadillo," which is the center portion of my critter's back.  I plan to have each of my ZIA pieces start with the same letter, thus my subject for this week was the Armadillo.

Patterns used are: AHH, Amaze, Ambler, Aquafleur, Armadillo (mine, not Linda's), Arukas, Assunta, and Avreal. 



I will continue to learn these patterns this coming week.

This week's challenge is to create a non-representational piece using all the above patterns, not counting the Armadillo one.  :-)

4 comments:

  1. heh I love his Aquafleur ears. But I'm looking for Orbsladee here. You posted this at the Diva's website, where she challenged us to use that pattern. You should try it...my word, but it is neat looking! And post again. I'd love to see what you do with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry about that. When I posted, I was indicating my intent to participate, not that I had already done so. The Challenge picture was posted later, and includes the Orbs-la-dee. :-)

      Delete
  2. Love your armadillo's Aquafleur ears! Looking forward to what you'll do with the Diva's challenge of the Orbs-la-dee tangle! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry about that. When I posted, I was indicating my intent to participate, not that I had already done so. The Challenge picture was posted later, and includes the Orbs-la-dee. :-)

      Delete